If you answer "Yes" to any of the following 10 questions, our Medically-Based Fitness Program is for you!
All sessions are one-on-one with a skilled and experienced Medical Fitness Trainer and supervised on-site by our physical therapists. Additional monitoring will be performed each session, based on your individual needs, and may include blood-pressure, heartrate, respiration and joint integrity. An initial assessment will be performed on the first visit. Testing on this visit may or may not include postural analysis, BMI, cardiovascular status, balance, fitness, strength, flexibility, body composition, girth measures and movement analysis. Privacy curtains are available, and you can wear whatever makes you comfortable.
- Have you been told by your doctor that you need to exercise, but don't know where to start?
- Do gyms and fitness centers make you feel uncomfortable or intimidated?
- Are you worried about safety and possible injury from exercising?
- Are you concerned about overly-confident/questionably-educated personal trainers who might hurt you?
- Do you need to lose weight, but have joint pain or medical problems that make exercise difficult?
- Do you have medical or health issues that could make exercising a challenge?
- Do you worry about others watching you exercise or trying to fit on machines?
- Are you concerned about losing strength, bone density, balance or mobility?
- Have you had previous physical therapy but have been unable to follow-through with recommended exercises?
- Do you want to exercise regularly, but have physical limitations such as Parkinson's, stroke, balance issues or arthritis?
Visits can be 30 or 60 minutes in length, depending on your stamina and needs.
No doctor's referral is necessary, however clearance from your doctor to participate in the program is preferred. Please be aware that Medicare and most insurances do not cover medically-based fitness or personal training sessions. If the Medical Fitness Trainer identifies potential acute problems that could be treated with physical therapy, a physical therapy screening can be conducted at no additional charge.
Benefits of Island Therapy Center's Medically-Based Fitness Program:
- Increased safety while exercising
- Improved strength
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved balance
- Confidence with a skilled instructor
- Improved flexibility
- Body-weight management
- Improved mobility
- Increased sense of well-being
- Improved endurance/stamina
- Improved mood
- Bone-density maintenance/improvement
- Improved posture
- Muscle-mass maintenance
- Treadmill training with ceiling-suspended safety harness optional
Medically-Based Fitness Program Rates:
30 Minute: $40.00 5 x 30 Minute: $187.50 10 x 30 Minute: $350
60 Minute: $80.00 5 x 60 Minute: $375.00 10 x 60 Minute: $700
Please note that packages are non-transferable and non-refundable.